Saturday 12 May 2012

First appointment with the Case-load Midwife


:-•:*"*:•.-:¦:-•* Greetings *•-:¦:-•:*'''*:•-:

The Case-load Midwife arrived for about one-fifteen o clock. After introductions, she explained her role and what care she was going to provide. She fully informed on all the services that are available for me. And she answered all my questions. We spoke briefly about where and how I would like to the baby and I'm glad we did because she helped me sort out a few misunderstanding I had. Firstly, I was under the impression that I couldn’t use my local birth centre (Lewisham) as I considered myself high-risked due to episiotomy I had during the first pregnancy, but I was wrong. And secondly, I was also under the impression that due to the Joint Hypermobilty a caesarean would be a better option than a natural birth, but again I was wrong.

Next, she performed a urine test. Gosh, do I hate have to urinate in those tiny little tubes, it’s the only time I can relate to men as I feel like I can’t go straight.

After that, was the amazing part, listening to the Sprog’s Heartbeat. Wow, it sounded like a steam choo choo train! And the appointment ended with that. Literally, music to my ears!

And, that’s all for now,

:-•:*"*:•.-:¦:-•* Ta-ra *•-:¦:-•:*'''*:•-:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...