Friday 18 May 2012

First Baby Bits



:-•:*"*:•.-:¦:-•* Greetings *•-:¦:-•:*'''*:•-:

For some odd, mind-boggling, annoying reason, I woke up at four o clock in the morning today! And I wasn't happy because it was four in the morning, why would anyone want to wake up at that time? Anyway, I couldn’t go back to sleep. Don’t you just hate it when you really want to sleep, but how much you try you can’t. Not because something’s stopping you from sleeping, except the fact that sleep itself becomes “THE ENEMY OF THE MIND!” or maybe it's the mind becomes "THE ENEMY OF SLEEP!"
Whatever the reason might have been it didn't help. There was nothing on tele to watch and not much else to do, I decided I was going to do my first bit of Baby Shopping today. But I still had a few hours to go before I could even think of leaving the house. I was just waiting for the clock to hit eight o clock so I could leave my house which at the time felt like a prison!

When it comes to baby shopping I've really limited myself, firstly because the sex of the little sprog is going to be a surprise so I tend to stick to neutral colours and secondly because I don’t like pictures of living things on the clothes unless it’s abstract!
So, when it came to buying even the first few things today I was expecting a hunt.

However, entering Mothercare reluctantly, because silly billy me assumed everything was either going to have bears or bunnies on it and the plain clothes wear going to JUST PLAIN, I found the perfect little outfit which I decided was going to be the first thing my baba wears after it’s born.  


Tell me isn’t this just edible or are my pregnancy hormones making me exaggerate again?:



There's a White hooded fleece Jacket, Mint with Grey & White Dungaree with vest set, Mint & White Hat set & Lastly, a set of White & Mint Stripy Booties and Just Mint Booties.

Lastly from Mothercare, I bought a Simple White Shawl:


I bought my baba’s first outfit and I was happy. What, Happy? I was over the moon, grinning while walking around the shopping centre like I’ve just won the lottery or something! I don’t think anyone would of believed me if told them that it was all because I just bought some baby items!  Pregnancy has done that too me, every emotion has escalated when I’m happy, I feel like I’m over the moon & when I’m upset I feel like something has died inside me. How about you, has it happened to you?

Anyway going back to the story:

Even though I was very happy, I was in a lot of physical pain and I had to stop and pause after every few steps so I decided it was time to make my way home. And, that’s when I saw NEXT! Now, something happens to me when I see Next and over the years I’ve failed to understand what it is. It’s not an emotion I feel but more like an uncontrollable reaction: my feet start automatically walking into the shop. I don’t even like clothes for myself in next, okay maybe once in a blue moon I’ll like something but it’s the children’s section that the secret lies in. Whoooooooooo (Trying to make the ghost sound).

Anyway, I buy most of Umar’s clothes from there and I do like their clothing lines for children. I wouldn’t say it’s spectacular but all-right. So, once I was in the shop with one swollen ankle and another subluxated, walking around looking like I should be in A&E, I found it! Another outfit, this time It was actually like winning the Lottery for me. Unless, I’m going shopping with a pre-planned list of items which I have already chosen over the internet and know where to buy, I hardly find items I like and that’s even after going through fifteen to twenty shops!

Here it is:


This outfit just consists of a Mocha hooded fleece Jacket, Cream & Stripy Three Piece suit of Hat; Bodysuit & a pair of White Socks.

Next stop was home and that was all for my shopping adventure today. Now, I’ve managed to place myself in a conundrum and need your help! I find both of the outfits so adorable that I can’t decide which should be the first outfit. You might think it’s not a big deal but please understand it is to me, so please help me by voting which one is you like better below:


Which Outfit do you like better?


Well, that's all for now, So until next time,


:-•:*"*:•.-:¦:-•* Ta-ra *•-:¦:-•:*'''*:•-:

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you are MUCH further ahead than me! - I was 28 weeks pregnant yesterday and I still don't have baby's first outfit. i love these though and as I don't know what we're having I may well just copy you and get the same!! So thanks for sharing ;)

    It's a tricky one but I think I prefer the Next outfit, purely because the little jacket is so cute.

    I read earlier that you were struggling with eating - is that any better now?

    hxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Hannah. How are you? Eating is getting slightly better but I guess that's one of the joys of being pregnant, Lost Appetite. Anyhoo, how have you been find it so far and is this your first time?

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the mint and grey outfit but then the bear hoody is so cute! both are lovely!
    When I was pregnant we didn't find out the sex so bought all neutral which at the time I loved then when she came out a girl all the neutral stuff made her look like a boy! My OH had to go out and buy some pink things. We did have slightly more problems as everything swamped her because we'd been told she was a big baby so hadn't bothered with newborn and gone straight for 0-3 and she was only 7lb 4 and a tiny delicate little thing!! We ended up getting tiny baby things for her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep I think girls do need more colour, but I'm trying not to buy too much clothes, So I can buy most of it once I give birth. I have bought a few newborn outfits because as much as they do grow out of them quickly I'd like to be able to see them grow out and into to other clothes ( I hope that makes sense) rather then just take time to grow into one big sheet of clothing for the first three months!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...