Thursday 24 May 2012

Retail Therapy: Mini Pregnancy Haul


 :-•:*"*:•.-:¦:-•* Greetings *•-:¦:-•:*'''*:•-:

How are you, what are have been getting up to the last few days? Well as for me, the last few days have been quite unpleasant as I’ve not been feeling too wellL. But yesterday I woke up adamant in trying to make myself feel better and enjoy the warm weather (which turned out to be too hot for me in the end). So, what did I do you ask? Well obviously, I opted for some RETAIL THERAPY!

Therefore, I thought it would be nice to share what I got and see what your opinions are on it. Since, I’ve had my son which is coming up to four years ago; shopping has more or else evolved around in him. And that’s not because it “that’s the way it is” or the other reasons most parents share with me. For me, it’s because I make it like that whether I like it or not. Are you confused? I am. It doesn’t make sense how much I try to explain it to myself. But to make it simple for you, I’ll share the most common situation as an example:

I need to buy a pair of shoes for back up because I only have the one pair. So, I find the shoes that I like online, then I make the time to go to the shop and once I’m in there. I realise how my son need a new pair of trainers or he could do with a new outfit even though I could get them a few weeks later. So my mind becomes a battle field where I try to work out what to buy or shall I just buy everything. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. And after standing around the shop for thirty odd minutes, I decide that I can buy shoes next time or I don’t actually need to buy them at all!

That’s what happens near enough every time I go shopping with the intention of buying myself something. Now however, there’s another contender in the virtual battlefield, My Unborn Sprog! Since I’ve been pregnant everything I’ve bought has been for either one of the sprogs and I always come home thinking “I didn’t actually buy anything for myself”

Yesterday, I decided that I was going to treat myself and not buy buying my children something but buying myself something that only I can use. And, voila! That’s what I did. I bought myself a treat and to put my mind at rest I picked up some bits for the bubble baby. As for my wild child his treat was the three scoop ice-cream that he has while we were out (he chose that over clothes/toys, now isn’t he a “mini me”, Lurves Food).  Also, to my surprise I received few treats in the post as well, so that’s enough of going on and here are the goodies:

..................................................................................................................................................

Firstly for me:


A River Island Black Messenger Bag, I really like this especially that it fits my maternity notes inside and isn’t a hassle when I’m using crutches (most shoulder bags are).




My treat that came in the post today, My First Glossy Box: I know I’m really late to jump on the band wagon but the thing is I never got round to it! Anyway, I was really excited about this and now finally it’s here.


Now for the Bubble baby:


I love these Sleepsuits, there just so cute so I had to get them. There from Next if you interested.


From Boots, I got this thermometer. I’m really bad with water temperatures, what is warm for other people is hot for me so I didn’t want to rely on my instincts when it comes to bathing the baby! I’ve read really good reviews.


This came in the post today, I thought it was a bargain because its RRP is £25 and I got it for £10 from Amazon.

..................................................................................................................................................

I read a lot of reviews and before I buy something I have to research it. How small or big it is. So, if you haven’t guess already I intend on writing reviews as well. Now, I know some of you might think that some things are not worth reviewing due its purpose or nature i.e. the thermometer, but for me there is.  Because I look for these reviews and I’m sure other people do as well! So, keep an out for my reviews.

So, that’s me all done for today,

:-•:*"*:•.-:¦:-•* Ta-ra *•-:¦:-•:*'''*:•-:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...