Saturday 9 June 2012

21st Week: Barmy Pregnancy Cravings



:-•:*"*:•.-:¦:-•* Greetings *•-:¦:-•:*'''*:•-:

Hey my lovelies, it’s been a few days since my last post and I haven’t been able to post anything because I have not been too wellL. So, now that I’m wide awake at 4.23 am I thought I will make use of this precious opportunity to update you!(Don’t ask why I’m awake because I don’t know)

So Wow, this week has gone by so fast, like lightning, you blink and IT’S GONE. Swissh! Enough of my dramatics (I did drama in secondary school you know!). I have a strong hunch that the weeks to come are going to fly by until the last few weeks and then it’s going to feel like the clock has STOPPED.

This week has been one of my not so GREAT weeks; firstly I’ve had several blackouts (nearly every day) which have resulted in agonising pain in a lot of my body parts, sprained my ankle twice, iron level has decreased dramatically so I’M REALLY REALLY TIRED A LOT OF THE TIME, so if all of that hasn’t been frustrating enough MY CRAVINGS HAVE BEEN DRIVING ME BARMY!

Pregnancy Cravings should be a highlight of being pregnant as its interesting and sometimes very peculiar, well that’s what I think. But for me, my cravings have become menacing. You might think that’s too much of a strong word, but believe me when I say you’re wrong! Because they are menacing, I feel like each thing that I crave for is actually alive walking around me and plotting on how to drive me mad! It’s not what I crave for that’s a problem, it’s how often and how strong the craving is. There’s been at least one different thing I craved for each day this week and at the time I crave, I get frustrated, upset and even angry at myself if I don’t have it within my reach. I don’t know if this is common amongst pregnant women but I surely can’t get use to it. I feel like a child that can’t be told NO and what makes it too odd for me is that I am the one who is saying NO. Does this make sense to you? If it does, please enlighten me because I’m befuddled.

This week, I’ve craved for:

  • Satsumas
  • Unripe Green Mango mixed with green chilies, coriander, garlic & salt.
  • Nectarines
  • Plums
  • Chips with loads and loads of ketchup & salt
  • BBQ Lamb Chops
  • Freshly Baked Sponge Cake, more for smelling than eating
  • Subways Turkey Ham Sandwich with melted cheese, onion, cucumber, lettuce, sweet corn, gherkins, jalapenos, black olives and Chipotle sauce! (I want this NOW, NOW, NOW)

Now, I think that’s enough moaning for now. Let’s talk about my little sprog! My baby is doing fine, kicking all the way to china and back. Let me tell you now, it’s going to be a FIGHTER! Little boo said hello to its Abby (word for “dad” in Arabic and no, I’m not Arabic) for the first time yesterday and not just once but three hefty KICKS. So, that was quite a momentous moment.

How have you been feeling this week and are you having weird cravings that you would like to share with me?

I’m off to catch my 40 winks so until next time my lovelies,

:-•:*"*:•.-:¦:-•* Ta-ra *•-:¦:-•:*'''*:•-:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...