Wednesday 6 June 2012

Being Pregnant Meme


:-•:*"*:•.-:¦:-•*Greetings *•-:¦:-•:*'''*:•-:

Okay, being the curious busy bee that I am, I’ve just spentthe last few hours working out what a “meme” is. Are you thinking why did ittake me so long? Well, I didn’t just want to know how one worked or how to joinone but instead I wanted to know how I could start my own! And I might havejumped on the bandwagon a bit too early but were there’s no harm, there’s nofowl. Right?

Being pregnant and being the second time, it’s made me very curiousabout other pregnant women. How they cope in similar situations, if certainsymptoms/feelings are the same etc. So, clearly my very first meme is going tobe about being pregnant!

So please, copy, paste & edit the following on in your blog:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been invited by Trinket from Trinket of Treasure topartake in this meme started by the curious Trinket of Treasure, who has basedthis meme on “Being Pregnant”

THE RULES:


  • As I am a very curious busy body, please answer thefollowing questions in depth.YOU’RE NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE ANY DETAILS OUT (only joking). But,please do write as much as you want, keeping in mind the joys of life are inthe finer details. X

  • Invite three or more women and link them to your blog post. As I don’t know many mothers or pregnant women, I’d appreciateit if you could invite as many mothers/ expecting women you know to participate. But please remember you don't have to be invited to take part. THE MORE THE MERRIER! x

  • Leave a comment about what you think of this meme and a link to your blogpost HERE x

  • For lovelies that have been pregnant more than once, answerthe question in regards to your first pregnancy. x

THE QUESTIONS:

What was your firstreaction when you found out that you were/are pregnant and why do you feel youreacted in that way?
I was ecstatic but in shock at the same time. I remember thehair on the back of my neck rising and I had Goosebumps all over my body. I wasdelighted because some part of me wanted a baby and I was scared becauseanother part of me knew the circumstances weren’t ideal to bring a baby intothe world. The emotions collided inside me and all these questions knocked onmy conscience, all at once that left me flabbergasted for the next few days.Also, what didn’t help was my son’s father was there while I took the test andhe didn’t actually let me see the results (why is a long story). So, I guess apart of me did believe that I might not be pregnant until he truly convinced methat I was.

What major changesdid/does being pregnant bring to your life?
The major changes being pregnant bought to my life, were thechanges in my health & acknowledgment of responsibilities.
Pregnancy triggered of some illnesses that have dominatedover my life since I was pregnant. Joint Hypermobility Syndrome and PostTraumatic Stress Disorder! Initially, I didn’t take this change in my health ontoo well. Just couldn’t understand how I went from being fit and healthy topractically being disabled! And on top it made my pregnancy on a whole verytraumatic so I just couldn’t accept it.
As soon as I found out I was pregnant, I started tounderstand that I would have to change my ways in terms of being responsibleand the thought was daunting! It wasn’t that I didn’t want to change but that Iwas scared of not being able to. Looking after myself was easy, didn’t havemany needs or necessities, lived life by the day and didn’t have many plans forthe future nor did I look back at my past. But all of that had to be changedand I knew it was going to be hard, probably the hardest thing I’ve had to doso far. However, it wasn’t hard. In hindsight, it’s interesting how everythingjust slowly fell into place without me having to work to make change.

What did/do you likeor enjoy about being pregnant the most?
SECONDS & THIRDS! I loved the fact that I could eat asmuch as I wanted or how often I liked without someone looking at me like I’m apig. And, I know this doesn't apply to all pregnant women or even the majoritybut there are those of us who do have an abnormal escalation in appetite andhonestly I’m not exaggeration. I ate nearly every hour even if it wasn’t as bigas normal meal portion it was still a lot.

What did /do youdislike the most about being pregnant?
Oh my lord, did I hate morning sickness like I could of killedit if it was a person! From the eighth week of my pregnancy to all the way intolabour I vomited. If I smelt something strong, ate something/anything, felthot, sometimes even when I just took a deep breath I puked. Above all the painand trauma I suffered, Morning Sickness had to be the worst. It just made myday hell, couldn’t travel unless it was by foot without spontaneouslyprojecting sick everywhere.

What are your overallthoughts and feelings on being pregnant?
Pregnancy for me was a significant experience. I had my upsand downs while I was pregnant but the fact that being pregnant is anexperience that can’t be replicated makes it very special for me. It’s a timein my life which is very unique and has thought me a lot. I personally believeit’s a gift to us women that we should all be very proud of x

Now it’s your turn to share x

I Invite:

10 comments:

  1. Loved this meme! Done mine for you lovely! Here it is!

    http://lynn-babysteps.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/being-pregnant-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab meme fab timing I'd just written my Pregnancy Story for my blog Here's mine!
    http://amummysview.wordpress.com/2012/06/09/being-pregnant-meme/

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://leopardprintmommy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/being-pregnant-meme.html all done :) great meme idea x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab meme...have just done mine http://confessionofsahm.com/2012/06/11/being-pregnant-meme/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've done mine :) http://theygrowsoquick.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/being-pregnant-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry I didn't get round to answering properly but I have blogged about being pregnant - so here it is x
    http://familyfourfun.blogspot.ie/2012/06/what-i-didnt-expect.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. My post is here http://www.theminimesandme.com/2012/06/being-pregnant-meme.html
    Thankies for tagging me to take part :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great meme - here is mine - http://www.emmysmummy.com/2012/06/pregnancy-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved doing mine :) http://mummyvswork.co.uk/2012/06/being-pregnant-meme/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great meme, thank you for the tag. Here is my effort - http://yummymummyflabbytummy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/being-pregnant-meme.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...