Wednesday 8 August 2012

Still under the Weather...


:-•:*"*:•.-:¦:-•* Greetings *•-:¦:-•:*'''*:•-:

Unfortunately, I’m’ still under the weather and to day I’ve been feeling really really really unwellL. I’ve been in bed all-day as it’s been one of those days for me where I don’t want to leave the comfort of my bed, duvet and pillows.

Spending the whole day in bed made me acknowledge all the things that have comforted me throughout this pregnancy generally and especially whenever I’ve felt blue. So, this made me think what would be better than sharing these things with you today.

Here’s my list of things that provide me with relaxation, ease and cosiness when I’m feeling blue or I’m under the weather:

  • My Bed. Even though this list is in no particular order, my bed has to come first because I can’t cope without it. Awwww, I love You Bed.

  • My Pillows and Duvet. Like today, whenever I’m feeling unwell my pillows are shoulders for me to cry on and my duvet is that hug that I don’t want to let go of. Not literally but I’m sure you get the picture.

  • Drinking Straws. I LOVE DRINKING STRAWS and since I’ve been pregnant I can’t bear to drink without them. I don’t actually know what it is about them that I love so much but I guess that doesn’t matter.

  • Hot Cup of Tea. Now living in England with the great English Weather, I’m not sure who actually won’t find comfort in a cup of hot tea.

  • Sweets. Cherry Drops, Skittles, Starbursts are all little gems that always keep me going even when I don’t have much of an appetite.

  • Scented Candles. The aroma of gentle vanilla or white musk always calms me and I believe it somewhat eases me if I feel tense or irritated.

  • Bubble Bath. Oh the luxury in having a bubble bath especially when I’m not feeling too good. A bubble bath in a candle lit ambience always leaves me feeling pampered. It’s something that makes my day regardless of how bad I feel.

  • Comfy Pyjamas/Nighty. What’s cosier than spending my days in my comfortable nighty or pyjamas?


Well, those are the things that help me through my blue days. What are yours?

I’m going back to zzzzz land so until next time,

:-•:*"*:•.-:¦:-•* Ta-ra *•-:¦:-•:*'''*:•-:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...