Sunday 22 July 2012

Mamas & Papas Pliko Pramette Review


:-•:*"*:•.-:¦:-•* Greetings *•-:¦:-•:*'''*:•-:

Ahhh, 28th Week, Seventh Month. Yes, today is the first day of my seventh pregnancy month and I woke up this morning thinking “I haven’t got too long now” with a sigh of relief. But, then silly me realised how I’ve still got most of the baby shopping to do, I need to prepare for labour and so on. So, up until now I’ve been going through my lists, prioritising and working out how to go about doing things.

I want to get all the stuff for my unborn sprog sorted first because I know once that’s done, I don’t have to worry about doing the rest myself as I can rely on the lovely people in my life to pack my labour bag and do other bits and bobs etc. as for the baby stuff most of the things I can order online but there are a few things that I feel need to been seen, touched, felt in person and one of those things is the Pushchair. Thus, I’ve spent the last hour or so making a list of all the buggies I fancy, which soon made me realise that I still have my wild child’s pushchair upstairs, the Mamas & Papas Pliko Pramette.

:: Mamas & Papas Pliko Pramette in Cosmo ::

My wild child hasn’t used the pushchair in a long time but I still kept it as I had a very good run with it and the thought of disposing of it upsets me and unfortunately I can’t use it for my unborn sprog as I’m physically incapable of using it as it’s quite heavy and large, thus I’m looking for something that’s a little smaller like the Bugaboo Bee ( I really like the look of it). But, due to my love for it I thought I’ll review the Mamas & Papas Pliko Pramette so others can know how great it is.

I bought the Pliko Pramette in the Cosmo design back in 2008 from the Mamas & Papas Flagship store in central London. The Pliko Pramette came with the Changing Bag, Footmuff, Rain Cover, Pram Liner, Shopping Basket for a promotional price of £499.00.

The reason I chose the Pliko Pramette was because I wanted a pushchair that looked like a traditional pram but still had the modern features and Pliko fulfilled that for me. I initially went to the store decided on the Pliko Pramette in the Polka Dots design but when I saw the Cosmo I found love and I didn’t even look at the Polka Dot one again. I can’t say it “looked” because it still does look stylish, elegant and just crisp. I can’t tell you how many people asked me where I got the pushchair from and how many people said “that’s a really nice buggy”.

I used the Pliko Pramette in the pram mode, faced me for the first six months for which I needed the pram liner installed and then I had to convert it to a forward facing pushchair. the Pramette can only face you for the first six months in the pram  mode and I think that's one of the biggest downfalls for me as I would of prefered having the parent facing feature even when used as a Pushchair. The Pramette is very spacious, the recommended childs weight for it is from birth to 15kg. My sons four now and I don’t have a clue about how much he weighs but I’m told his average size by the health visitor and he can still comfortably sit in Pramette. The Pliko Pramette was easy to manoeuvre outside and I adored the swivel wheels that didn’t restrict me to a back and forth motion. But due to its size and weight which is 9kg approximately, at times it was a struggle getting on buses with it, especially London buses that are packed most of the day and if by any chance I had to fold it up then that was quite hard for me to do by myself as I needed both of my hands as well as quite a bit of my strength. But, that could be just me being weak because when my wild child’s father used it he made folding the Pramette look so easy and quick. I found all the other features of the Pliko Pramette very practical and easy to use like the brakes, recliner seat which reclines enough for my child to sleep comfortably, putting on the rain cover, removing the seat for washing, converting it from pram to pushchair. The shopping basket is very spacious unlike the ones I’ve seen on other pushchairs and is easily removable for cleaning. Also, the changing bag fits two changes of clothes and at least six nappies, a pack of wipes with enough room left for other bits.

The build of the Pramette is very sturdy and of great quality, everything from the chasis to the fabric is very durable and everything is well-built. After using it for three years, it’s still in great shape with very little wear and tear.

The model has changed a little now as you don’t need an additional liner to use it in the pram mode and they don’t have it in the old designs such as Cosmo or Polka Dots. But they still do have a few choices like Couture Black, City Scape, Taupe and Mimi. The price has also decreased to £375.00 but you have to buy the changing bag and other features separately and the great news is until the 29th of July they have a sale with some of designs of the Pliko Pramette selling at only £249.00!

So, on the whole I think the Pliko Pramette is fabulous and I recommend it unless you have some underlying health issues that restrict you from heavy lifting or using your strength or if you’re generally a weak person. If you’re interested in the Pliko Pramette then head over to your nearest Mams & Papas store or click HERE to visit the product page on their website.

Well, My lovelies I hope you find this helpful and if you have anything you want to add please feel free to use the comment box below. Also, if you have used the Bugaboo Bee please let me know what you think of it as I would like some insight before I head out on the hunt myself.

That’s all for now, until next time,

:-•:*"*:•.-:¦:-•* Ta-ra *•-:¦:-•:*'''*:•-:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...